Quinoa Corn Chowder
Posted On September 12, 2008
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 14 oz. coconut milk or milk
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large potato with skin, cubed
- 1/8 to ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 3 cups corn kernels (fresh or canned)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- Parsley sprigs to garnish
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- Pepper to taste
In a large pot on low heat the oil, sauté onion, garlic, red bell pepper, quinoa, potato and corn for approximately 7 minutes.
Next add vegetable stock and the bay leaves and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add milk and seasonings and increase heat for a few minutes.
Remove from heat, garnish with parsley and serve.
Optional ingredient variations
-Add one chopped chili pepper
-Add some crushed red pepper
-6 shallots chopped, instead of 1 large onion
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)