Posted On November 28, 2018
Create this as a gift of serve it to your guests. This recipe is a hit!
- ½ cup dates, dried, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups flour, all-purpose, sifted
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Soak dates for 2 hours in water, then drain and dry on paper towels.
- In a bowl, mix egg, sugar, and butter.
- Sift flour with baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with orange juice and water, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Stir in dates and pecans and beat until well blended.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9x5x3″ loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350’F oven for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until bread tests done with a toothpick in the center.
- Unmold and cool on a rack.
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)