Posted On November 30, 2021
- 2 cups Dino or Curly kale, chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 3 cups green cabbage, chopped
- ½ grapefruit, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 1/8 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- ½ cup candied walnuts (recipe below)
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Prepare walnuts.
- As the walnuts cool, in a large bowl, mix kale, cabbages, red onion, grapefruit and cranberries.
- Make dressing by whisking in a small bowl, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, and a pinch of salt.
- Mix dressing with veggies and top with candied walnuts.
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/8 cup water
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Place all ingredients into a small pot. Place on stovetop burner and bring the water to a boil.
- Then lower the heat to medium and stir constantly.
- Stir until all the water has evaporated and a coating has formed on the nuts. Turn off the heat.
- Spread the walnuts evenly on a baking tray, covered with parchment paper (or a silicon baking sheet).
- Bake for 12-18 minutes. Cooking time will vary depending on oven, check to make sure nuts don’t burn and you want to make sure coating has solidified.
- Take them out and let them cool and they will crisp up.
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)