Mashed Sweet Potatoes with a Twist
Posted On December 20, 2022
- 4 medium orange sweet potatoes (or yams), peeled, and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 4 Tablespoons milk (or a bit more depending on consistency you are going for)
- 3 Tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons brown sugar (or less)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Place sweet potatoes in a large pot cover with water and bring to a boil. Once boiling add a good pinch of salt and reduce heat to medium and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes; drain.
- Once tender enough for fork to pierce, drain water.
- In same pot add, butter, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Mash and mix. Adjust ingredients and spices to your liking.
Play with Your Food
- You can also add a few candied nuts to serving or a pinch of cinnamon for food presentation.
- If you would like a more whipped potato consistency, whip with hand mixer.
- Leave the skins on the sweet potatoes for extra fiber intake.
(Visited 34 times, 1 visits today)