Baba Ganoush (Roasted Eggplant Dip)
Posted On April 16, 2013
This is a wonderful dish to make with eggplant that needs to be used up.
- 1 Large eggplant
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup Tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 Tablespoons water
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Lemon wedges
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil plus extra for drizzling
- Set oven to 375F.
- Wash eggplant and remove stem.
- Pierce with a fork 4-6 times.
- Place in baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from oven and run under cold water.
- Peel and mash; set aside.
- In serving bowl combine garlic, salt, and Tahini.
- Gradually add water, 2 Tablespoons olive and lemon juice, beating well.
- Fold in mashed eggplant.
- Garnish with lemon wedges, finely chopped parsley and olive oil.Serve as a dip with fresh vegetables (carrots, celery, radishes, red bell pepper, tomato, etc) or pita bread.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)