Thanksgiving “Myth-conceptions”

Here’s another doozie: dark meat is worse for you than white meat. 

Dark meats has more zinc, riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, vitamin B6, B12, amino acids, AND iron!!

Take THAT, you dry, flavorless, white meat! 

In turkey specifically, dark meat contains more vitamin A, K, B6 and 12, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, selenium, phosphorus, and zinc. 

The only down side to dark meat is that it is richer than it’s dry, flavorless, white meat cousin. But, even at that, the difference is not massive — you get about 40 more calories in a 1-cup serving of dark meat, as compared to white meat. 40 calories comes to only about 2% of your total estimated daily calorie intake, leaving you 98% more for your pumpkin pie!! 

Will Clower Audicles Will Clower Recipes
 For more information: Click here to visit Will Clower’s website.

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *