Traveling While Staying Put
The current worldwide COVID-19 pandemic may have put a hold on your travel plans. However, research shows creating time away from work is beneficial for stress management; yet this does not mean you need to take an elaborate trip to receive the benefits that a break from work can offer.
Here are some tips to help you experience traveling while staying put. More than ever we need to practice stress management; we hope the ideas suggested can help you relax a bit. However, when doing so, please make sure to follow the guidelines set to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in your place of living to keep you and others well and safe.
- Host a culturally themed party. Pick a place, then create an artful invitation; delegate the invitees to bring a side, main, dessert or drink from the chosen region. Play that regions music at the gathering.
- Take a couple days off work then only do things that you enjoy and or are new to you.
- Pick up the guitar or camera that you have not utilized in quite some time.
- Order takeout from a restaurant that is new to you. Or try a new hike. The goal here is to create enjoyment as well as to try new things.
- Watch a positive movie based in a country that you have a desire to travel to one day.