Chocolate Zucchini Bread
This combination is so surprisingly wonderful together because you basically have a spice cake that is made moist by the zucchini and sweet by the chocolate, that’s a win-win!
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 1/3 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F and butter two 9″ x 5″ loaf pans.
- Place the chocolate in a microwaveable bowl and microwave on low in 30 second increments, until the chocolate has melted and is completely smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla. Mix in the zucchini. With a spatula, add the melted chocolate and stir until thoroughly combined.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and chocolate chips. Fold the flour mixture until it forms a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean.
- Turn the loaves out onto a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes.